Wednesday 11 May 2011

Wednesday's Sewing snippets

Sometimes I just get the need to create, and there's nothing better than sitting with a pile of fabric offcuts trying to decide what to make with them.  These small pieces of fabric are crying out to be made into something neat and useful.  Today I felt the need to create- not a major item, just to sit and design and make a useful item quickly and simply, to experience the satisfaction of seeing a project through to it's end in a short space of time.
I decided to make a sunglasses case for little P's new Peppa Pig sunglasses.
It was a joy to create and only took half an hour to run up from start to finish! There are adaptations I would make if I were to make a few more, but that's the fun part of the design and make process, always searching for niftier ways of doing things. I am going to make a few more, one for me and a special manly one for Mr B (maybe with some camper van fabric?) and I'll post a tutorial up showing how to make them as soon as I can.

Moving on to other projects- I took a peek in little P's summer wardrobe and was a bit dismayed to find that many of her dresses from last year are now too short! So my ongoing spring project is to run up a few summer dresses for the little lady.  Here are some of the ideas we have so far:-

Do you have any favourite children's sewing patterns? Feel free to leave your comment in the comments box below:-
Have fun, and happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Simplicity 2377 - but you already knew that.
    We have frightfully similar tastes in fabric...
    I realy do think there is a need for some nicer fabrics in Haslemere (Quilt, Craft, Dress making). And I'm sure u know which fabric suppliers we should use.

    About campervan fabric : see Cotton Patch 5333-1 which retails at £12/m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS love the specspouch.

    Have also found something called 'insul fleece' - to be used for e.g. lunch bags, ovenmits, tea pot holders etc. Not cheap but might be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Wilma! Just looked up Cotton patch 5333- briliant find, I'll definitely be getting some of that! Mand x

    ReplyDelete