Sunday 8 May 2011

Up and running again!

After a very long break at blogging I'm back! Bursting with projects and ideas and seasonal veg planting tips.....
But first, a great deal of sewing has been taking place in my little part of the world and over the next few posts I'll be sharing some of my latest makes with you.  Today's offering is a skirt I made this afternoon, sitting with my sewing machine on our garden table and basking in the warm sun as I toilled!
Little P, who has grown quite considerably since my last post, is the proud owner of a brand new summer skirt.  The pattern was quite simple and adapted from a tutorial on the brilliant Tanya Wheelan's blog- here's the link:-
http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/photos/ruffled_skirts_tutorial/index.html

The overall design did take quite a bit of fabric, I'd say about 3/4 of a metre, so if I make another one I'll make it slightly less ruffles and defnitely make the second ruffle layer longer. Very pleased with the result though especially as it was only just over an hour's sewing- not bad eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment