Friday 27 May 2011

Chelsea Flower Show

 
A fantastic day was had by three generations of girlies in my family when we visited the Chelsea Flower Show this Wednesday.  I had been waiting five years to visit as no children under 5 years old are allowed to attend, so I had to wait or little P to be old enough before we could go.  This year the time came!! My mum, me and little P all travelled up to London and spent a whistful four hours marvelling at the show gardens and browsing the great trade stands.

The grand pavillion was bursting with fantastic displays from Nurseries all over the country.  This display of carnations particularly caught my eye.  The flowers were all arranged like giant pom- poms, beautiful!

We visited all the show gardens, and spotted a few celebrity gardeners, but I have to say my favourite show garden was this one (below).  I would never consider tufing my lawn with bright blue artificial grass, but in this design, and with the silvery planting scheme, it looks absolutely beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment