Sunday 10 January 2010

Muffins and Makes!


Little poppet's school has reliably informed us that they will re-open tomorrow so I thought it was time to rustle up some Apple and Carrot breakfast muffins. I've had trouble this term getting little p to have a decent breakfast before school so I'm going to give breakfast muffins a try. They were incredibly easy to make, I'm hoping they're going to make my school morning routine a lot easier!


Also got stuck into some crafting today- made a large batch of thank you cards for the post Christmas Thank you. They just consist of a card blank adorned with a square of leftover wrapping paper. I then made a small gift tag with the words 'Thank You' printed, trimmed and then stuck on the tag using sticky pads to give a slight 3D effect. The tag then had a hole punched through it and I tied a bow of raffia or ribbon through the hole and then glued this to the middle top of the wrapping paper square. It was a very easy and effective design that can be adapted for birthdays too, just use birthday wrapping paper rather than Christmas paper.


The big project for the coming week is to make little p a costume for school on Wednesday. It's book week and the task is to dress up as a favourite book character- watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment