Wednesday 13 January 2010

Icy!

I took this photo yesterday- the slowly melting snow has been dripping off the edge of our roof and freezing on it's way down, causing some fantastic icicles to form. A similar process is occurring on our conifer trees- I just love the way the conifer, once encased in ice, takes on an almost florescent colour.
I thought we were seeing the start of a slow thaw but alas it snowed heavily again last night and this morning, leaving another 4 inches on top of the already deep lying snow. Little p's school is closed again freeing us up for a day of baking bread, gluing and sticking and sledging!
Finally got around to making a snowman yesterday, whom little p has named 'Helly', I have no idea why! It seems now there'll be plenty of time and snow to make Helly a little family of snow people!





1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great pictures I bet it would look amazing as a canvas on the wall!

    ReplyDelete