Friday 8 January 2010

Hello, this is me!

Hello- I've arrived..... After nearly a year of talking about maybe starting to write an online journal, and many, many happy hours spent reading established blogs, I've finally plucked up the courage to start my own.

I'm a thirty-something stay at home mum living in Surrey with my fantastic husband and beautiful daughter. Having had the past two years overshadowed by sad events for us as a family, I wanted to start this new year by focusing on the positives in life, to find beauty in simplicity and to celebrate all things handmade and homegrown.

This may be a journey I make on my own or it may be that someone might stop by from time to time. I hope that my pages might become a good place to settle down with a cuppa to relax a while.......

1 comment:

  1. When I was about the age of your little poppet, my Mum made the most delicious fruit pies. Here is here recipe. She'll love it!
    She used orange juice instead of water (for lighter pastry), honey replaces sugar (better flavour), and walnuts, cinnamonand raisons combine with apples (for sheer perfection).

    Happy eating!

    R.J.

    ReplyDelete