Sunday 30 May 2010

Purses and projects

Time for another 'Ta Da' moment! Last week I invested in some teeny tiny purse frames in order to make some little coin purses. Some sewing friends came over on Wednesday evening and we all sat down and began to have a go at making our own purses. Lots of tea, chocolate brownies and chatter were enjoyed and we didnt do too badly at all. I couldnt resist finishing mine off on Thursday morning, and here it is.......Ta Da!!! It's very small, enough to put change for car parking in, but I think it's also very sweet. The little metal loop on the edge of the frame is an added bonus and I'm going to buy some little metal clips so the purse can be secured inside a bag etc.

Here is a picture of the little purse with matching pocket tissue holder!
Now, onto my next project........I'm still waiting for my cotton yarn to arrive so I can't start the granny square crochet blanket I have all raring to go in my mind ready for our holiday in the camper in the summer. After looking at the great pictures on Snail trail, little P and I have decided we are going to 'pimp the van'!! However, it looks like that project is going to have to wait a little bit.
For now, I asked little P to have a look through the mini boden catalogue and cut out pictures of any clothes she likes. She did better than that......little P came up trumps and made me a collage! Then yesterday I pottered down to my local sewing shop and bought a dress pattern that I thought would make a good 'bodenesque' dress. So hopefully this is going to keep me out of mischief for a couple of days!

Have a good bank holiday, Amanda x


No comments:

Post a Comment