Thursday 8 July 2010

Wednesday Musings

I was just starting to think that I should re-name my blog as all the posts recently have been about plants and our allotment. Well, there has been some crafting going on behind the scenes, more of that later. But first here is a little glimpse of my new acquisition of which I am very excited. You see it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and my parents very kindly bought me this fantastic trolley! I now have no excuses for driving to the allotment as I can transport all my seedlings, tools....and little P up to the plot in style. Here is little P showing us just how much she's enjoying her new mode of transport. It's great exercise for my arms I also discovered the morning after pulling little P the 1Km to our plot! As I mentioned earlier there has been some crafting going on recently. I made little P her reversible blue gingham/flower hat for school that I talked about here, and then today I made a quick and simple little summer bag. I bought the fabric from a remnants table in a local curtain fabric shop so it was very cheap to make too! I'm really pleased with the result and the bag would make a great gift idea.
Finally for today, it's back to edible plants again! We have strawberries and raspberries in abundance in our garden so much so that we can't eat it quickly enough at the moment, so I have ventured into the world of jams! It's brilliant fun making jam and again pots of jam make great homemade gifts. I have already given two pots away! This evening though I made my first batch of 'Summer Fruit' jam using a mixture of strawberries and raspberries as I didnt have enough strawberries left for a single batch of strawberry jam.
I took a photo of the jars of jam I made and couldnt resist including my vegetable 'booty' from a visit to water our plants at the allotment this morning. We're now eating courgettes, french beans and beetroot (although I'm just looking at the later, not eating it!). We might dig up our Charlotte and Red duke of York potatoes at the weekend too.



1 comment: