Tuesday 29 June 2010

Our first allotment Harvest

It's finally here!! Our first little harvest of fruit and veg from our allotment- beautifully contained in the custom made garden box/trug Mr B made me for Christmas this year. If truth be known it's actually our third bowl of strawberries but I keep forgetting to take my camera up to the allotment to take a photo.

The broad beans were delicious, I cooked and shelled them and added then to a chicken salad on Sunday night, yummy!
Our little memorial rose we planted on the allotment is not so little anymore, it's really thriving and is in full bloom at the moment and smelling beautiful with it's delicate 'rosey' fragrance. It fills us with hope and reminds us to be thankful for what we have.
Little P's pumpkin is also looking as if it's taken now- it was touch and go a week ago as after planting it began to look a bit yellow and sickly, but I was encouraged to see some new growth this week. Do you like her laminated pumpkin sign? No one can forget where we planted it now- and as we attached it to some garden wire it doubles up as a bird scarer when it sways in the breeze!

Finally today, here is a little picture of the left hand bed on our plot. Everything is growing nicely, even under the sweltering sun we've been enjoying recently. I was looking back at my posts from May and pictures of the plot then and I'm astounded at how much everything has grown in just a few weeks.
Happy gardening!




No comments:

Post a Comment